Sunday, October 21, 2007

#13 Tagging, folksonomies etc.

Is this serendipity via technology? What happens if folks are dumb where folksonomies come from?

I like standardization and order, not sure I'm ready for stream of consciousness categorization. I guess if you've made it through and understood all of Ulysess, I might care how you bookmark your sites or contribute to the word cloud, or then I might not.

I wonder if there will be a cultural divide in people's tagging. Do certain cultures or group put concepts together that are not considered in others?

Del.icio.us could be great for those who share computers to remember their own bookmarks but then so's a memory stick. Perhaps I'm just into antisocial bookmarking and privacy, rather than having to keep on remembering user names and passwords for every site.

No comments: